This module will provide a review of the development of third molars. The module will delve into the diagnosis of different impactions, the coding and billing of wisdom teeth and the analysis and interpretation of the available imaging modalities. Members will learn verbal skills to become comfortable with consulting and treating patients needing wisdom teeth removal.
A detailed step by step interaction with patients, sample consultation scenarios for documentation and billing purposes, and indications for treating both symptomatic and asymptomatic wisdom teeth will be covered.
Evaluation of anatomic structures and caution areas in removing third molars and the interpretation of radiographs to identify these areas of concern beforehand will also be taught.
The module will prepare clinicians to approach any patient confidently in discussing and describing the indications and needs for scheduling third molars removal.
WTX Members Will Learn
• Third Molar Development & Anatomy
• Indications For Removing Third Molars
• To comfortably diagnose and categorize third molars
• How to confidently interpret imaging modalities in Panoramic views, CBCT, and 3-D Imaging
• Keys to identify danger zones in and anatomical landmarks
• Consulting and billing for treatment of wisdom teeth
Module 1: Overview, Diagnosis, Radiology & Consultation is posted to WTX Online.